Printing modded EQ points on vintage Yamahas

JLM Products support and what's new

Moderator: mixmup

waxstash

Printing modded EQ points on vintage Yamahas

Post by waxstash »

I saw this PM2k on reverb recently and noticed the yellow labels applied to the modded eqs.

Seems super clever. Before I sink some time into creating something like this, I thought I’d check to see if anyone already has a design they’re willing to share.

@joe, it’d be amazing if the eq mod shipped with a label displaying the new eq points that you could just peel and stick on the module.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: Printing modded EQ points on vintage Yamahas

Post by Joe Malone »

waxstash wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 4:33 am
I saw this PM2k on reverb recently and noticed the yellow labels applied to the modded eqs.

Seems super clever. Before I sink some time into creating something like this, I thought I’d check to see if anyone already has a design they’re willing to share.

@joe, it’d be amazing if the eq mod shipped with a label displaying the new eq points that you could just peel and stick on the module.
Interesting idea. I could easily make a pcb that went over the 2 mid pots or all of the EQ section to update the frequencies like my old AHB console has. I will dig out my spare PM2000 channels and measure it up to see.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

waxstash

Re: Printing modded EQ points on vintage Yamahas

Post by waxstash »

8)