I'm going for these knobs.
Wow That is looking amazing :-)
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

fragletrollet

Re: AUX8 Build thread

Post by fragletrollet »

Been a while since I've had time for DIY, but picked this one out of storage to try to finish it and put it to good use. After a few solid days of soldering I've finished the power supply (AC/DCv4), the LED circuit (ended up with simple backlighting of the scribble strips instead of a fully fledged peak indicator pr channel, at least so far) and the wiring and power/ground distro. First power up is completed with no magic smoke, a relief considering the amount of opamps in this thing.

Everything is working fine, however AUX 5/6 and 7/8 seem to have some weirdness in connection to ACA or booster stage. Similar symptom on all channels, so should be a simple wiring issue.
Also somehow channel 9/10 appear on 11/12. There is also some volume inconsistencies on some channels (within 1-2dB), wondering if this is just less than ideal connection between the IDC and that pin/channel.

All in all I am confident that the project is going towards "finished status". It sounds really cool, a slightly cleaner shade compared to my api summing mixer with discrete 2520's on all inputs. The UC1608 ( :D ) uses JLM Palpigrades on inputs, 8 JLM aux8 boards into 8 channels of Capi ACA with GAR2520's, into second half of JLM SUM8 for post summing gain before going to a JLM Tardigrade for final balancing. Used 47k bus resistors between AUX and ACA, and 10k resistors between ACA and SUM8 which lands at about unity gain overall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fragletrollet

Post by fragletrollet »

And another of the front
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

fragletrollet wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:04 pm
And another of the front
Wow that is an amazing build. That is a lot in one box but the layout makes it roomy enough to work on :D 8)

Let me know if you need any help sorting the Ch 9,10 & 11,12 problem.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

fragletrollet

Post by fragletrollet »

Just think how messy it would be without the pcb's :)