Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: Regurgitator kit Build Thread

Post by Joe Malone »

catface wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:12 am
Would the NE5532a be the opamp of choice if you were to make a single +24V out circuit?

and if you were daisy chaining 4 boards together via J1+J2 would the 12v zeners on the other 3 boards be replaced by 1uf mono caps?

What would the 2x 10r need to be for that set up?
If that 24vdc is floating and not used by anything in a different way that will work to make +/-12vdc.

It is best to fit 12v zeners to all pcbs as they each have 10R + 100uF RC filters so best to reg each pcb with zeners.

Yes NE5532A is good for this build
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

Alex1990

Post by Alex1990 »

Hi - I just would like to check if this kit is appropriate for bringing re301 space echo output (2.5k output impedance) directly into patchbay/interface using approx 18db of gain. Looks like it but I’m slightly confused as there’s a quite a few things available like the dingo/dingo pup and I’m not clear 100% on the best kit for the job. I also have an old rackmount Yamaha synth that I would like to boost/balance before entering the line-in of a pre amp. Would the regurgitator work in this instance as well?

Many thanks!

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Alex1990 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:14 pm
Hi - I just would like to check if this kit is appropriate for bringing re301 space echo output (2.5k output impedance) directly into patchbay/interface using approx 18db of gain. Looks like it but I’m slightly confused as there’s a quite a few things available like the dingo/dingo pup and I’m not clear 100% on the best kit for the job. I also have an old rackmount Yamaha synth that I would like to boost/balance before entering the line-in of a pre amp. Would the regurgitator work in this instance as well?

Many thanks!
Yes regurg will work and ideal for mono output. Also for stereo or dual output the Stereolab would work well.
JLM Audio

Alex1990

Post by Alex1990 »

Yes brilliant as I suspected thank you. A dumb question - would you supply all components necessary to populate a double/quad board - the price doesn’t seem to change between single and quad so a bit confused.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Alex1990 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:48 pm
Yes brilliant as I suspected thank you. A dumb question - would you supply all components necessary to populate a double/quad board - the price doesn’t seem to change between single and quad so a bit confused.
HI

You need to order as many single-parts kits as you need and then pick how you want the pcbs

For example if you order 8 kits and select Dual PCB you will get 4 Dual PCB or if you select Quad you will get 2 x Quad PCB
JLM Audio