Support for JLM Audio Kits
Moderator: Joe Malone
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1741
- Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:35 pm
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
HI Just noticed this post hadn't been answered.
survivorsound wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:29 am
- 1. What happens if unbalanced input impedance is set at 47K, a la Neve opamps used in the fader buffer / gain position? Does the LM4562 or 5532 or any chip care if the fader is 5k or 10k or 600Ω or whatever? Is there an advantage to lowering the input impedance here?
Doesn't matter it will work fine with either load resistor value.
2. What do R14 & R15 do?
R14 & R15 discharge the output caps to 0v to stop pops
3. Are .1uF caps necessary at power pins of each op amp?
Yes for good stability
4. Is there any advantage in the audio band to adding bypass Wimas to C1, C4, C10, C11. and if so, what would those values be?
No but if will not matter if you do.
5. Is there any advantage to increasing the size of C13 & C14?[/list]
No 100uF is heaps for the 2 opamps locally.
Capturing Audio without Injury