1 RU Rack Cases

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Paul

1 RU Rack Cases

Post by Paul »

Guys,

where are the best places to get 1RU rack cases?? I need to stuff my baby animal into its natural habitat. Im located in Melbourne Australia.

Do jaycar have these? Ive only ever seen the front panel in there.

thanks.

Barney

Post by Barney »

Altronics have racks for $45 1ru and are aluminium so easy to drill and look smarter than the jaycar ones.

chrisp

Post by chrisp »

Altronics is definitely the go.

Jaycar went out of metal cases, and the plastic ones they got instead were hopeless. They now stock a hybrid with metal front and back plates, but they're still plastic which is transparent to RFI. I have found some fully metal 3U cases at Jaycar if you have a really big project ....

Most other cases manufacturers price for the IT industry. I've seen 1U priced at anything from $85 to double that.
Chris P
---------------------------------------------------------
I do lots of things. I believe eclectic skills are best.

astrovic

Post by astrovic »

Me too! Me too! Agree with the learned ones above.

In fact the case in my avatar is an Altronics

Paul

Post by Paul »

aarrgghh!! i got a steel one from jaycar and it sucks. it has crap in the way of things.

altronics i go!!

but the good news is my second baby animal passed its voltage testing tonite!!! and in the next day or so i should have my 3rd one here ready yo be soldered!! these kits are a breeze and pleasure to put together.

oh i am addicted. cant wait to have 4 done and racked and then my evil plans for making some of those other pres begin!!

ps. the wife just laughs at me now. :)

Mick@ITC

Post by Mick@ITC »

I got one directly from Joe as part of a poweramp kit. It was simple to assemble and with Al front and back...simple to work with.
:D
Regards
Mick

Lowfreq

Post by Lowfreq »

Yeah, avoid those jaycar cases. Trying to file around the extra bracing, just to fit your xlrs in, is a right pain in the arse!! :twisted: