PM2000 & M1516, 24, 32 solo mod kit Build Thread

Post by Joe Malone »

Link to PM2000 solo mod kit build instructions

Fitting Solo mod to PM2000
http://www.jlmaudio.com/JLM%20PM2000%20 ... %20kit.htm

Fitting Solo mod to M1516, 24 ,32
(Orange wire is actually yellow in kit)
Yamaha-M-1532-Channel PCB SOLO rev3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Joe Malone on Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

Pip

Re: PM2000 solo mod kit Build Thread

Post by Pip »

So I have successfully installed 32 Solo Mod Kits in my PM 2000 input channels. I would liked to install them in my master sections as well is this easily done?

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Pip wrote:So I have successfully installed 32 Solo Mod Kits in my PM 2000 input channels. I would liked to install them in my master sections as well is this easily done?
Yes works fine. The pfl voltage control wire that runs across the the PM2000 back plane has to be cut between the channel and master section so it doesn't shut down the channels.

Once the channels and masters are isolated by cutting the control wire you can monitor any masters with or without any solo channel combo you want.
JLM Audio

Pip

Post by Pip »

Joe Malone wrote:
Pip wrote:So I have successfully installed 32 Solo Mod Kits in my PM 2000 input channels. I would liked to install them in my master sections as well is this easily done?
Yes works fine. The pfl voltage control wire that runs across the the PM2000 back plane has to be cut between the channel and master section so it doesn't shut down the channels.

Once the channels and masters are isolated by cutting the control wire you can monitor any masters with or without any solo channel combo you want.

I finally got back to this. By the way the solo mod kit works great on the input sections! So do you mean CUE or CUE DC on the backplane?

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Pip wrote:
Joe Malone wrote:

I finally got back to this. By the way the solo mod kit works great on the input sections! So do you mean CUE or CUE DC on the backplane?
Isolate Cue DC between channels and groups. Cue wire is not used once Solo mod kit is fitted as audio stay on the normal mix path so the solo is stereo and sounds the same as the normal mix path.
JLM Audio

MattC

Post by MattC »

Just got a bunch of these kits for my board and have a couple quick questions -

1. My kit included a 2k2 resistor, but there's no place for it on the board and no mention of it in the build instructions. What is it for?

2. I'm planning on installing it on both the input channels and the master channels. If I do this, does anyone know if the regular cue function still works on the echo channels, or does that get disabled?

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

MattC wrote:Just got a bunch of these kits for my board and have a couple quick questions -

1. My kit included a 2k2 resistor, but there's no place for it on the board and no mention of it in the build instructions. What is it for?
I will check on Monday at the workshop. But I don't think it is needed.
2. I'm planning on installing it on both the input channels and the master channels. If I do this, does anyone know if the regular cue function still works on the echo channels, or does that get disabled?
OK you need to cut the pfl voltage control buss wire between the channels and master so they work separately and the desk will work like normal solo function for all channels and masters. I have never been asked to look into the echo channels so I will have to dig out the schematic and see what will happen there.
JLM Audio

MattC

Post by MattC »

Thanks Joe. I installed the solo mod on two channels without using the mystery 2k2 resistor and they seemed to work fine, but I thought I should double check before I do the rest of the board.