How to add line inputs to the Baby Animal?

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

living sounds

How to add line inputs to the Baby Animal?

Post by living sounds »

Hi,

I'd like to add line inputs to my Baby Animal to be able to use it as a makeup gain stage for a passive EQ and not fear accidentally destroying equipment with phantom power. Where would be the best place in the circuit to do that? My guess is that at the position market in yellow "in+" and "in-" after the 6k8 resistors would be the best location.

Thanks!

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: How to add line inputs to the Baby Animal?

Post by Joe Malone »

living sounds wrote:Hi,

I'd like to add line inputs to my Baby Animal to be able to use it as a makeup gain stage for a passive EQ and not fear accidentally destroying equipment with phantom power. Where would be the best place in the circuit to do that? My guess is that at the position market in yellow "in+" and "in-" after the 6k8 resistors would be the best location.

Thanks!
If the BA is only for makeup gain for the passive EQ leave off the 48v switch so no 48v phantom is available.

Or if you mean you want to use the BA as a mic pre and also have a no phantom power line input. Use a 3DPT switch to switch the +in and -in to a seperate line in XLR and the 3rd section of the switch to open circuit the C and E connection of the BD681* to disable phantom power when switched to the line input.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

living sounds

Re: How to add line inputs to the Baby Animal?

Post by living sounds »

Joe Malone wrote:
Or if you mean you want to use the BA as a mic pre and also have a no phantom power line input. Use a 3DPT switch to switch the +in and -in to a seperate line in XLR and the 3rd section of the switch to open circuit the C and E connection of the BD681* to disable phantom power when switched to the line input.

Thanks alot Joe, I'll do that!