BA4 vs BA questions

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

tenchijin2

BA4 vs BA questions

Post by tenchijin2 »

I emailed these q's to Joe but I feel I've tortured him enough, now it's time to make the rest of you suffer!

Does the BA4 include faceplate and/or chassis? What does the BA4 include that I won't get if I simply buy 4 separate BA kits? Is the BA4 less expensive than 4 separate BA kits with the same feature sets?

I'm trying to determine the most cost effective way to go. I can CNC my own faceplate, and source my own chassis, but if your package deal is good enough it may be worth it to simply buy it. Plus it looks like your BA4 kit inlcudes DI's which would need to be purchased extra otherwise.

Thanks all!

Aric

tenchijin2

Re: BA4 vs BA questions

Post by tenchijin2 »

Joe? Matt?

Can anyone clear this up for me? Can I order the BA4 minus the chassis and front panel? How much will that save?

Aric

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

tenchijin2 wrote:Does the BA4 include faceplate and/or chassis? What does the BA4 include that I won't get if I simply buy 4 separate BA kits? Is the BA4 less expensive than 4 separate BA kits with the same feature sets?
Aric
The BA4 kit includes everything including the machined and lasered text front panel and full case. It has the 4 BA kits as well as our 4 x IO XLR kits, 1 x Power switch kit, 2 x Fet Di kits, fuse holder, knobs etc and all wiring and every nut and bolt and power supply.

We usually do not supply a BA4 kit without our case as it is hard for most people to make the 22mm holes perfect for the Neutrik A series XLR which mount internally etc. So it is usually best to just get the seperate kits. But if have CNC available to you our XLR IO kit will not be a problem to you.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

tenchijin2

Post by tenchijin2 »

Thank you so much Joe!

I'll need to determine what my actual cost will be, then. Let me get the ballpark "cash in hand" and then I'll contact you via email.

thanks again,

Aric

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

tenchijin2 wrote:Thank you so much Joe!

I'll need to determine what my actual cost will be, then. Let me get the ballpark "cash in hand" and then I'll contact you via email.

thanks again,

Aric
You will need to go to the new JLM web shop BA4 page at the link below
http://www.jlmaudio.com/shop/index.php? ... oductId=22
Select the product options for the BA4 that you want and when checking out enter code "NO CASE" and click APPLY and you will have your total.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

tenchijin2

Post by tenchijin2 »

THanks again!

Aric

tenchijin2

Post by tenchijin2 »

I did the math... your deal is so good that at best I'd only be saving $30US or so by not buying the case.

Wow!

Aric