48v SMPS and Dingo connection

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Docmattic

48v SMPS and Dingo connection

Post by Docmattic »

Hi,
can anyone help.....
I purchased a Mac and a Dingo kit with an external 48VDc power supply (think its switch mode, looks like a laptop power supply). The dingo power input is +24 0 -24. I'm really unsure if I can just connect the 48V accross the -24 +24, or do I need a Power rail splitter, the rest of the build is complete, but i don't want to let the smoke out...

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: 48v SMPS and Dingo connection

Post by Joe Malone »

The MAC and dingo can be run with a 48v SMPS as long as you use a plastic isolated DC connector and add 2 x 24v zeners across one of the opamps power pins on the dingo. So there is a 24v zener between +V (zener stripe) & 0v and 0v (zener stripe) & -V. Wire the 48v SMPS +48v to +V and 48v SMPS 0v to -V on the dingo and you can take the dingo 0v that is not used to the metal case. See photo below.

Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

crysthane

Post by crysthane »

I have a problem either with my smps or motherboard in my computer! pls help me? the monitor of my computer automatically turns off after sometime , but the led at the dvd drive remains on,also the fan on the motherboard stops, while one in the smps is on. pls help me n let me know what is the cure for this.
Last edited by crysthane on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

crysthane wrote:I have a problem either with my smps or motherboard in my computer! pls help me? the monitor of my computer automatically turns off after sometime , but the led at the dvd drive remains on,also the fan on the motherboard stops, while one in the smps is on. pls help me n let me know what is the cure for this.
What is the 48v SMPS powering that is connected to the computer? And how and what else is it connected to?
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury