Sourcing Parts

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Blake

Sourcing Parts

Post by Blake »

maybe a little OT but something that im sure many people have wondered since buying parts in small quantities can add up quickly and make builds quite expensive. Where do people source their parts from?

I put in orders to Electus (Jarcar distribution) fairly regularly for a number of items but ive only just started looking at their component offerings so im yet to see how the prices will work out or how much of a range is actually available.

So how are other people sourcing parts? particularly parts that the usual places wouldn't carry.

On a side note If anyone in Perth is looking for trade pricing of Electus/Jaycar parts feel free to PM me (I hope its ok to post that)
Blake

chrisp

Re: Sourcing Parts

Post by chrisp »

Electus is fine if they have stuff in stock, but their inventory of good audio parts seems to be shrinking.

Good other places are Altronics and Farnell. Altronics is THE place for rack enclosures. I personally had a less than good experience at WES (Wagner Electronic Services) but others I know swear by them, especially for things like better quality caps.

For odder parts, Switches Plus is a useful one and Futurlec has some ICs that are otherwise hard to find.

If you bookmark all of the above, its rare to not find what you are looking for.
Chris P
---------------------------------------------------------
I do lots of things. I believe eclectic skills are best.