stuck

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

spiz83

stuck

Post by spiz83 »

hey guys,

i recently purchased a baby animal dual pre amp kit featuring:
BAD kit featuring a JML 99v & OEP262A3C (which i have almost complete)
BA with the same specs as above.

the XLR PCB that i have received for each of the pre's actually vary in the quantity of resistors (one of them doesnt have any included in the bag... where as the other has 4). i was just wondering whether someone that has previously worked on the same configuration is able to send me an image of what the XLR PCB (suitable for the BAD) should look like when completed...

cheers,
spiro

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

HI Spiro
The IO XLR PCB that is used in our latest BA2 and BA4 kits. Only needs the XLR's & IDC connector fitted which should be all that is in the plastic bag with each IO XLR kit except for the 8 included screws.

The IO PCB can have other resistors added when used for racking other old gear.

The new BA2 and BA4 everything kits come with premade IDC cables so no wiring needs to be done from the Input XLR to DI and BA PCB making wiring almost nil. On older BA4 kits the IDC is left off and in and out wiring is just done to the 6 solder pads for balanced in and out on the IO XLR PCB.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

liamcrosby

Re: stuck

Post by liamcrosby »

Hi Joe

So on a BA4 kit, on the first two channels, the ribbon goes from the back connector, to the DI to the card.

Do you still use a ribbon cable on the other two channels, or wire them up as per the older kits?

Thanks
Liam

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: stuck

Post by Joe Malone »

So on a BA4 kit, on the first two channels, the ribbon goes from the back connector, to the DI to the card.

Do you still use a ribbon cable on the other two channels, or wire them up as per the older kits?
Yes all our kits have changed to IDC cables to make the wiring extremely minimal. So kits now come with 2 premade 3 x IDC cable which plugs from the IO XLR PCB to the DI PCB and BA PCB IDC header.

And a BA4 also has 2 premade 2 x IDC cable for channels 3 & 4 which have no DI's.

But on any BA or BAD channel with no DI fitted you will need to solder together the sets of pins under the PCB that the 2 jumper would have joined in the BA IDC header. Since the IDC cable plugs in the BA IDC header now to do all the input wiring the IDC header is never empty when there is no DI so it is impossible to have the 2 jumpers fitted.

If the 2 sets of pins are not connected there will be a hole in the input wiring.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury