MAC - Micro Auto Compressor

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

glbaudio
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:39 am

Re: MAC - Micro Auto Compressor

Post by glbaudio »

Joe Malone wrote:
glbaudio wrote:i'd like to make a 500 version...what's about the power supply?
can i use the +/-16 (using 5532 both on MAC and on DINGO) or the +48 with a power rail splitter?
i will put inside a lundahl trafo...
The 500 series +/-16v works fine with tthe dingo with NE5532AP or OPA2604AP or JLM99v low volts versions or Hybrid opamps. The MAC kit comes with a OPA2604AP and runs on what ever voltage the dingo is running on including +/-16v. The MAC should only use a OPA2604AP due to the fet input offset being better than the transistor input offset of the NE5532AP.

The 48v rail in 500 series is very low current so should NOT be used except for phantom power use.
great, tnx a lot for the explanation, and for the fast answer...
can i use a Dingo PUP instead the full version?

User avatar
Joe Malone
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: MAC - Micro Auto Compressor

Post by Joe Malone »

glbaudio wrote:
Joe Malone wrote:
glbaudio wrote:i'd like to make a 500 version...what's about the power supply?
can i use the +/-16 (using 5532 both on MAC and on DINGO) or the +48 with a power rail splitter?
i will put inside a lundahl trafo...
The 500 series +/-16v works fine with tthe dingo with NE5532AP or OPA2604AP or JLM99v low volts versions or Hybrid opamps. The MAC kit comes with a OPA2604AP and runs on what ever voltage the dingo is running on including +/-16v. The MAC should only use a OPA2604AP due to the fet input offset being better than the transistor input offset of the NE5532AP.

The 48v rail in 500 series is very low current so should NOT be used except for phantom power use.
great, tnx a lot for the explanation, and for the fast answer...
can i use a Dingo PUP instead the full version?
Yes dingo pup is fine but if driving a output transformer like the lundahl you really want a discrete output opamp like JLM99v low volt or hybrid to drive this properly so the dingo would be best. Normal NE5532A can only drive 1:1 transformers poorly and cannot drive higher ratios at all.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

glbaudio
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:39 am

Re: MAC - Micro Auto Compressor

Post by glbaudio »

Joe Malone wrote: Yes dingo pup is fine but if driving a output transformer like the lundahl you really want a discrete output opamp like JLM99v low volt or hybrid to drive this properly so the dingo would be best. Normal NE5532A can only drive 1:1 transformers poorly and cannot drive higher ratios at all.
great, i've just buyed a Dingo full version...this means i can use my LL1539 (is a 2 : 1+1) on output, and i'd like to mount an API 2520 on output stage, and an OPA2604 on input stage...any advice with this configuration?
Tnx in advance

User avatar
Joe Malone
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: MAC - Micro Auto Compressor

Post by Joe Malone »

glbaudio wrote:
Joe Malone wrote: Yes dingo pup is fine but if driving a output transformer like the lundahl you really want a discrete output opamp like JLM99v low volt or hybrid to drive this properly so the dingo would be best. Normal NE5532A can only drive 1:1 transformers poorly and cannot drive higher ratios at all.
great, i've just buyed a Dingo full version...this means i can use my LL1539 (is a 2 : 1+1) on output, and i'd like to mount an API 2520 on output stage, and an OPA2604 on input stage...any advice with this configuration?
Tnx in advance
It will work fine but the +/-V voltage will have to be +/-16v to +/-18v for the 2520 which the OPA2604 will run on fine.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

Paul
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: MAC - Micro Auto Compressor

Post by Paul »

hello my next project!!

c'mon payday!!! C'MON!!!!

User avatar
Joe Malone
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: MAC - Micro Auto Compressor

Post by Joe Malone »

Paul wrote:hello my next project!!

c'mon payday!!! C'MON!!!!
:D 8)
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

Post Reply