JLM DI Input Jack (with switch) Source

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Greg

JLM DI Input Jack (with switch) Source

Post by Greg »

hey Joe and JLM:

I'm on the hunt for some DI jacks similar to the ones in your DI. I haven't had any success finding these anywhere in the states.

Would you mind telling who makes those jacks and where you get them?

Thanks !

chrisp

Post by chrisp »

If you can live with panel rather than PCB mounting, Jaycar has DPDT switching 6.5mm sockets: Part PS0182
Chris P
---------------------------------------------------------
I do lots of things. I believe eclectic skills are best.

Greg

Post by Greg »

Thanks, but this part is needed to fit an existing PCB. I've found several parts that fit the spec, but not the footprint.

conleycd

Post by conleycd »

You will be much better off fitting the DI with a jack like Chrisp suggested where you have a DPDT on the switch but not PCB board mounted. The jack with the DI is not very deep and can be easily stripped when placed on a panel. I have done it before. I'd suggest an external jack that you wire up to the PCB board and affix the PCB board in a different manner.

CC

haima

Post by haima »

agreed... i've always used a separate jack myself. i really like the quality of the cliff brand ones. you can get them insulated with the chrome nut and they look quite spiffy.

i think i just drilled a 3mm hole in the pcb and mounted it to the case. wired the jack with a little bit of shielded cable...

if you really want the EXACT jack socket joe uses i guess you'll have to wait to hear from him. i don't think i've seen it in any catalogs i have. i've seen similar ones in various bits of gear - i guess it's a common part in asia but not here?

good luck!