Joe Malone
Site Admin

Stereolab kit Build Thread

Post by Joe Malone »

Stereolab kit

PCB TOP Build Map http://www.jlmaudio.com/builds/maps/ste ... opmap.html
PCB BOTTOM Build Map http://www.jlmaudio.com/builds/maps/ste ... ommap.html

Stereolab schematic https://www.jlmaudio.com/Stereolab/STER ... ematic.pdf

Power from +/-9vdc to +/-18vdc into V+ 0v V- or fit 18v zeners and power with 36v between V+ & V- on STBUS header.

Unbalanced input
If 5k trimpots fitted to J3L & J3R unbalanced input is available at DAC_L and DAC_Rmarked on MP3 under pcb.
If no Trimpots fitted to J3L & J3R unbalanced input is available on J3L & J3R on B = Black wire and 0v ground on Y = Yellow.

JLM STBUS 10pin output (Same as on AMP HEAD, AMP HEAD II, STATTEN, Stereo IO kit etc)
Pin 1 Left + output
Pin 2 Left - output
Pin 3 & 4 V+
Pin 5 & 6 0v
Pin 7 & 8 V-
Pin 9 Right - output
Pin 10 Right + output
Balanced output also available on the XLR's

Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

Corpselectriques

Re: Stereolab kit Build Thread

Post by Corpselectriques »

Hi

Here is the built I made using 4 stereolab (= 8 unbalanced in to 8 balanced out)... tested & work... just try with tone generator, can't wait to used with 'real' sound...
if you have suggestion or recommandation it's welcome and still time...

about the trim pot J3L/J3R ! i was thinking they can be used for adjust level, but nothing happen when turning them. Maybe i do wrong about something or does they're only for MP3 used ?
during my test all the tracks sounds balanced each others, I mean have same level... don't have oscilloscope, just my ears°

also, for technical understanding, on a e-mail you write me "proves 6 to 12dB gain". what make that change ? does it related to voltage apply ?

thanks for your return

f
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: Stereolab kit Build Thread

Post by Joe Malone »

Corpselectriques wrote:Hi

Here is the built I made using 4 stereolab (= 8 unbalanced in to 8 balanced out)... tested & work... just try with tone generator, can't wait to used with 'real' sound...
if you have suggestion or recommandation it's welcome and still time...

about the trim pot J3L/J3R ! i was thinking they can be used for adjust level, but nothing happen when turning them. Maybe i do wrong about something or does they're only for MP3 used ?
during my test all the tracks sounds balanced each others, I mean have same level... don't have oscilloscope, just my ears°

also, for technical understanding, on a e-mail you write me "proves 6 to 12dB gain". what make that change ? does it related to voltage apply ?

thanks for your return

f
Hi You have the TRS sockets wired directly across the output XLR's the way it is wired at the moment. So the stereolab kits are not in circuit but they are powered by the ribbon cables.

The TRS jacks need to have all of there Ring Shield wired to 0v on the stereolab pcbs and Tip wired to the DAC_L and DAC_R pads marked under on the stereolab pcb or direct to R pad of the trim pots and then you will be working properly.

You also do not need the wire between case and the mounting bolt as it is already done on the pcb.

Let me know how you get on.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury