Passive Controller Build Thread Ver 1 - 3

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Corpselectriques

Re: Passive Controller Build Thread Ver 1 & 2

Post by Corpselectriques »

Hi Joe

I see you add a note : Note 4. Do not push rotary switches down to the pcb as they may short on solder joints under them.

I cut the pins under the Switch short, but yes, I pushed them.

Do you think that's the cause !
It be too hard/long and not equipped to unsolder all the Switch pin for move it. I'm kind of stuck ! :x

Maybe for a next batch, it be a good think to move them side of the rotary switch for avoid problem.

best
F

dneilsen

Post by dneilsen »

Hi Joe
I have built the controller along with the tascam breakout pcb and I am not getting any sound out at all.

I suspect the issue lies in the ICB connections on the 26 wire ribbon cable and I am in the process of getting more connectors for this.

Can you please confirm that I have the dual 10k pot wired correctly?
20200722_112404.jpg
20200722_112344.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

dneilsen wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am
Hi Joe
I have built the controller along with the tascam breakout pcb and I am not getting any sound out at all.

I suspect the issue lies in the ICB connections on the 26 wire ribbon cable and I am in the process of getting more connectors for this.

Can you please confirm that I have the dual 10k pot wired correctly?

20200722_112404.jpg

20200722_112344.jpg
You need to add a link from the centre pin to the right pin on the front and back pot so the volume will work. At the moment the volume should be stuck on full.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury