Micro Passive Mixer cascading / daisy chaining

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Willy

Micro Passive Mixer cascading / daisy chaining

Post by Willy »

Hi there,
I recently purchased two of JLMs Micro Passive Mixers and i think it´s a great and elegant way to incorporate summing to Patchbays with D25 Connectors on the back.
I'm intending to use two Micro Passive Mixers to achieve a passive 16 Ch to Stereo Mixer.
Each Mixer is 8 Ch to Stereo, so I have to find a way to sum the Stereo OUTs of the two mixers into one Stereo Sum.
The product information says that several mixers can be daisy chained, but I couldn´t see the Micro Mixer being discussed in another thread and so i would like to ask You folks if You have an idea, what could be the best way to bring the two Mixers together.

Many Thanks, Willy

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: Micro Passive Mixer cascading / daisy chaining

Post by Joe Malone »

Willy wrote:Hi there,
I recently purchased two of JLMs Micro Passive Mixers and i think it´s a great and elegant way to incorporate summing to Patchbays with D25 Connectors on the back.
I'm intending to use two Micro Passive Mixers to achieve a passive 16 Ch to Stereo Mixer.
Each Mixer is 8 Ch to Stereo, so I have to find a way to sum the Stereo OUTs of the two mixers into one Stereo Sum.
The product information says that several mixers can be daisy chained, but I couldn´t see the Micro Mixer being discussed in another thread and so i would like to ask You folks if You have an idea, what could be the best way to bring the two Mixers together.

Many Thanks, Willy
Yes you an just connect the left and right outputs from each Micro Passive Mixer together in parallel across each other to make 16 to 2 micro mixer.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury