FET DI Version 2

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

ZarvenKara

FET DI Version 2

Post by ZarvenKara »

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had success with one of the new FET DI version 2? I have tried 2 and still cant get it to work, if someone has a photo of one that works that would be great. Cheers

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: FET DI Version 2

Post by Joe Malone »

ZarvenKara wrote:Hi, just wondering if anyone has had success with one of the new FET DI version 2? I have tried 2 and still cant get it to work, if someone has a photo of one that works that would be great. Cheers
HI Zarven
Can you hear the relay click when you plug in a jack in and out slowly? The 10 pin black box should make a mechanical click sound????

When no jack it plugged in only the relay is operating to join the XLR to the mic input. When you plug in the jack it opens the power to the relay. Switching back to the fet DI.

With the DI connected and mic pre powered up can you read 24v across the top 2 pins of the relay closest to the jack?

With a jack plugged in do you see 0v across the same two relay pins??
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

nmintern

Post by nmintern »

Hey Great kits Joe!

Why are two of the resistors marked with an asterisk "*" ?

I didn't find a build thread or BOM for this kit, if they exist where can I find them?

Many thanks,

Nick in New Zealand

nmintern

Post by nmintern »

Hello, me again,

does it matter that the three 100uF caps supplied are polarised type and not unpolarised? Which way around do they go? One footprint has a "+" by one pad, but not the other two.

Thanks again!

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

nmintern wrote:Hello, me again,

does it matter that the three 100uF caps supplied are polarised type and not unpolarised? Which way around do they go? One footprint has a "+" by one pad, but not the other two.

Thanks again!
The 100uF 50v in the kit have a polarised wrapper on them but they are actually NON Polarised. So you can put the ones in the kit in either way around without a problem.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury