variable pad kit with a V672 , will it nicely work confused

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

permeke

variable pad kit with a V672 , will it nicely work confused

Post by permeke »

want to add an input attenuator on my V672 and was thinking about using the variable input pad kit.
But now I'm confused because the dual pot is 1K and I've seen somewhere on a different forum Joe's commenting on his gobetween kit when used with a V672, replacing the 470R resistors with 2x 2200 R to give sufficient attenuation on the input ?

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: variable pad kit with a V672 , will it nicely work confu

Post by Joe Malone »

permeke wrote:want to add an input attenuator on my V672 and was thinking about using the variable input pad kit.
But now I'm confused because the dual pot is 1K and I've seen somewhere on a different forum Joe's commenting on his go between kit when used with a V672, replacing the 470R resistors with 2x 2200 R to give sufficient attenuation on the input ?
Best way for V672 is to use our Go between kit so you have 48v , 20dB Pad and phase switching. Change the 2 x 470R on each side of the pad switch on the Go between kit to 2k2. You can then plug in our variable pad kit to give and extra 25dB variable pad. This with the switch pad can give you up to 45dB pad. So variable pad from 0 to 25dB with pad switched out or 20dB to 45dB pad with pad switch in.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

permeke

Post by permeke »

thanks joe.Now I understand the matching

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

permeke wrote:thanks joe.Now I understand the matching
Because the V672 has gain control when the 500k log pot is added the variable pad kit is not really needed unless you are using it so the gain can be turned up for different sound.

Otherwise only the Go Between kit and OPtional Fet DI kit are needed.
JLM Audio

permeke

Re: variable pad kit with a V672 , will it nicely work confused

Post by permeke »

Old thread I know but I have a slight scratching noise on my B500K pot from minimum to 1/3 of the turn.
Could it be DC ?
Also eliminating the trim, you say bridge point 4 and 5 on the circuit but I can't find it but I guess I'm right with bridging the ones that gives minimum gain.

thanks

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

permeke wrote:Old thread I know but I have a slight scratching noise on my B500K pot from minimum to 1/3 of the turn.
Could it be DC ?
Also eliminating the trim, you say bridge point 4 and 5 on the circuit but I can't find it but I guess I'm right with bridging the ones that gives minimum gain.

thanks
The pot should be a 500k A log type not Linear B type and if you get DC noise when moving the pot the output cap on the preamp section of the V672 will need replacing. Depending on version this is 15uF from vague memory. Not sure what the point 4 & 5 was a reference to but could be the numbered pins in the V672 trimpot pins.
JLM Audio

permeke

Post by permeke »

thanks Joe for the fast reply. Will check