PM2K EQ MOD...HYBRID OPAMP

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

audioguy

PM2K EQ MOD...HYBRID OPAMP

Post by audioguy »

Ok i have eq mods all ready to install, well one question... the caps on the low mid, 2.2 & 3.3, theres no indication on the polarity. I also successfully built 2 of the Hybrid opamps. I first run in class A and wanted to try AB...when i first installed with class A the LED worked and everything sounded good but after i removed and soldered the jumpers on each, nether one of the opamps LEDs would come on but both still worked. Any thoughts? thanks

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: PM2K EQ MOD...HYBRID OPAMP

Post by Joe Malone »

audioguy wrote:Ok i have eq mods all ready to install, well one question... the caps on the low mid, 2.2 & 3.3, theres no indication on the polarity. I also successfully built 2 of the Hybrid opamps. I first run in class A and wanted to try AB...when i first installed with class A the LED worked and everything sounded good but after i removed and soldered the jumpers on each, nether one of the opamps LEDs would come on but both still worked. Any thoughts? thanks
The 2.2uF and 3.3uF caps in the PM2000 EQ kits are Non Polar types so can go in either way around.

The Hybrid kit red led lights when in Class A and should be off in Class A/B.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury