500 series extender kit..

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Mixmaster-Nate

500 series extender kit..

Post by Mixmaster-Nate »

Hey Joe...call me stupid, but this extender kit I've built doesn't appear to work for me. It powers up the modules but passes no signal. It appears to test ok with a multi meter. I haven't yet trimmed the 51x parts of the pcbs, however it still seats ok on each side. Any thoughts?? Errr...something so simple. Piccies attached. :? Thanks, Nathan
IMG_5864.JPG
IMG_5863.JPG
IMG_5862.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: 500 series extender kit..

Post by Joe Malone »

Mixmaster-Nate wrote:Hey Joe...call me stupid, but this extender kit I've built doesn't appear to work for me. It powers up the modules but passes no signal. It appears to test ok with a multi meter. I haven't yet trimmed the 51x parts of the pcbs, however it still seats ok on each side. Any thoughts?? Errr...something so simple. Piccies attached. :? Thanks, Nathan
HI Nate
Looks built ok but it should not seat properly in the connectors unless the 51X edge connector is cut off with cutters.

I cannot see the important side which is the soldering. You should be able to use a meter to check pin 1 is 0 ohms to socket 1 etc. The only one that should be open circuit is pin 3 as it is not used for anything. Also check there is no short between any pin to the pin next to it on each side.

What module are you using to test this with? Is it a normal 500 module or a kit you just built?
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

Mixmaster-Nate

Post by Mixmaster-Nate »

Bwaahaaa!! :twisted: :roll: :wink: :shock: :oops:

Got a short between pin 1 + 2 in one of the black ribbon cable plugs - see pic/bent pin. Only shorting when the cable is extended a certain way....ie; fitted to module/rack.

Was attempting to use it with a 500v and normal 500 modules i.e. JLMs, APIs, Harrisons etc....

Can I order a couple of spare plugs from you? Broke the plug during surgery. I'll trim the ribbon and re-connect. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Mixmaster-Nate wrote:Bwaahaaa!! :twisted: :roll: :wink: :shock: :oops:

Got a short between pin 1 + 2 in one of the black ribbon cable plugs - see pic/bent pin. Only shorting when the cable is extended a certain way....ie; fitted to module/rack.

Was attempting to use it with a 500v and normal 500 modules i.e. JLMs, APIs, Harrisons etc....

Can I order a couple of spare plugs from you? Broke the plug during surgery. I'll trim the ribbon and re-connect. :lol:
Yes drop me an email with address and parts you need so I can cut and paste it to our shipping system and get it out today
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury