FET DI QUESTIONS

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

BigSkyAudio

Re: FET DI QUESTIONS

Post by BigSkyAudio »

Thanks Joe,
It turns out that the SS relay coil has gone open cct. so no switching occurring.
Relay replaced, voltages are good, and all now working fine,
Cheers, Neil.
Last edited by BigSkyAudio on Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

BigSkyAudio wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:24 pm
Thanks Joe,
It turns out that the SS relay coil has gone open cct. so no switching occurring.
Voltages are all good.
Can you supply a brand/part number for a replacement relay from Jaycar or Altronics?
Cheers, Neil.
HI Neil
ok that is unusual as the 24v coil can handle 48v. Altronics part S4132B 24v relay is a direct replacement.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

slb1959

Post by slb1959 »

Hi Joe.
A friend ask me to make a Fet Di to a little 20v dc battery amp guitar.
It is possible to change the Di to do that, or i need a dc step up to do that?
She do not need the phantom power, neither xlr input.
Or, can i have the schematics to simulat that?

Thanks, Luís

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

slb1959 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:22 pm
Hi Joe.
A friend ask me to make a Fet Di to a little 20v dc battery amp guitar.
It is possible to change the Di to do that, or i need a dc step up to do that?
She do not need the phantom power, neither xlr input.
Or, can i have the schematics to simulat that?

Thanks, Luís
Hi Luis
FETDI kit will run on 20v fine. The relay can be left off and 2 wire jumpers fitted where shown on the overlay so permanent DI input only.
JLM Audio

slb1959

Post by slb1959 »

Hi Joe.
Something like that?

I sent to you one email.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

slb1959 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:07 pm
Hi Joe.
Something like that?

I sent to you one email.

Thanks.
Yes correct. I will get to emails tomorrow.
JLM Audio

caoimhin

Post by caoimhin »

Joe Malone wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:22 pm
rockprocess wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:33 am
I’m going to build the fet di into its own dedicated 500 series module. Are there any changes i need to make to run it on the 16v standard rail?
The FetDI circuit will work fine across the +/-16v but the pcb 0v will be at -16v so will have to have a look at how to isolate that and reference the 500 series 0v +/-16v instead. If you do not understand what the above line means then let me know as I would have to have a think about it and draw up the best way to do it.
hi Joe - I foolishly got the FetDI rather than the FetDI500 for adding on to the BA500v2 I already have, and am wondering if it's possible to use it. I'm running the BA500v2 in a 51X rack, so have the 24V rails. Would just disconnecting the "-V" wire on the IDC cable work (Pin #6 going counterclockwise from Pin 1 with the arrow)? I'd then have 24V instead of 48V on Pin 5, and 0v on pins 7,8,9,10, if I understand correctly. Would that work?

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

caoimhin wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:26 am
Joe Malone wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:22 pm
rockprocess wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:33 am
I’m going to build the fet di into its own dedicated 500 series module. Are there any changes i need to make to run it on the 16v standard rail?
The FetDI circuit will work fine across the +/-16v but the pcb 0v will be at -16v so will have to have a look at how to isolate that and reference the 500 series 0v +/-16v instead. If you do not understand what the above line means then let me know as I would have to have a think about it and draw up the best way to do it.
hi Joe - I foolishly got the FetDI rather than the FetDI500 for adding on to the BA500v2 I already have, and am wondering if it's possible to use it. I'm running the BA500v2 in a 51X rack, so have the 24V rails. Would just disconnecting the "-V" wire on the IDC cable work (Pin #6 going counterclockwise from Pin 1 with the arrow)? I'd then have 24V instead of 48V on Pin 5, and 0v on pins 7,8,9,10, if I understand correctly. Would that work?
This sound basically correct. I would have to go and look at the pin out again to be 100%. You will need to short out the 2k7 resistor on the fetDI in series with the relay coil so it will run on the 24v
JLM Audio

caoimhin

Post by caoimhin »

Thanks, Joe, I'll give that a go a see how I get on.

Roughly trying to sketch the relevant part of the circuit - it's the 2k7 resistor below, right, and physically the one on the board closest to my rough sketch of the circuit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.