JLM Powerstation - Two different AC in

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

atticmike

JLM Powerstation - Two different AC in

Post by atticmike »

Howdy fellas,

I got a question regarding the powerstation.

Is it possible to go into the powerstation with two different voltages under the PSU's board? (Powering each two rails with a different secondary voltage?)

Mike

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: JLM Powerstation - Two different AC in

Post by Joe Malone »

atticmike wrote:Howdy fellas,

Is it possible to go into the powerstation with two different voltages under the PSU's board? (Powering each two rails with a different secondary voltage?)

Mike
No if you mean different windings for +/-V1 and +/-V2.

Yes if you mean different winding for + and - rails but you need to run each different AC winding into a external bridge rectifier then feed it into the powerstation kit.

Connect the + from the bridge rectifier that you want to be the +rail to a AC in and its - to 0v on powerstation.

Connect the - from the bridge rectifier that you want to be the -rail to a AC in and its + to 0v on powerstation.

I would need to know the output voltages and current to work out exactly what you are really trying to make work.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

atticmike

Post by atticmike »

Joe Malone wrote:
atticmike wrote:Howdy fellas,

Mike
No if you mean different windings for +/-V1 and +/-V2.

Yes if you mean different winding for + and - rails but you need to run each different AC winding into a external bridge rectifier then feed it into the powerstation kit.

Connect the + from the bridge rectifier that you want to be the +rail to a AC in and its - to 0v on powerstation.

Connect the - from the bridge rectifier that you want to be the -rail to a AC in and its + to 0v on powerstation.

I would need to know the output voltages and current to work out exactly what you are really trying to make work.
That'd be the first method you declared no.

Just wondering whether it'd be possible to go down from 22 V secondary to 16VDC on the first + / - rails and having + / - 24V on the second rails? Two types of pres in one box.

The transformer would be 22 secondary at 2.2 A, 50 VAC. I'd need + - 16 and + - 24.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Just wondering whether it'd be possible to go down from 22 V secondary to 16VDC on the first + / - rails and having + / - 24V on the second rails? Two types of pres in one box.

The transformer would be 22 secondary at 2.2 A, 50 VAC. I'd need + - 16 and + - 24.
That will work fine with just the one transformer. The limiting point for current will be the 50VA transformer.

So as long as you have entered the values into our online calculator and follow the heatsink and transformer VA for the current you need it will work.

JLM Audio Power transformer VA wattage and Heatsink C/W rating calculator.
http://www.jlmaudio.com/ACDC%20Calculator.htm
(Hold down shift and click on link to open in new window)
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury