Changing phantom power LED on GoBetween

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

mb_berlin

Changing phantom power LED on GoBetween

Post by mb_berlin »

Hi Joe,

Instead of the supplied red LED, I would like to use a white LED (3.2V, 20mA) to signal phantom power. In the schematic I saw that currently the resistor for the LED is 6k8, but since there are a couple of 6k8 resistors on the PCB I don't know which one I have to change. Could you please tell me? Which resistor value would you suggest for the new LED?

Thank you!

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: Changing phantom power LED on GoBetween

Post by Joe Malone »

mb_berlin wrote:Hi Joe,

Instead of the supplied red LED, I would like to use a white LED (3.2V, 20mA) to signal phantom power. In the schematic I saw that currently the resistor for the LED is 6k8, but since there are a couple of 6k8 resistors on the PCB I don't know which one I have to change. Could you please tell me? Which resistor value would you suggest for the new LED?
See Go Between (Same for GO bewteen PLUS as well) led resistor in red circle in image below.

The white led will work with the standard 6k8 resistor but will probably be too bright unless it is fitted in a old style coloured bezel.

Just make resistor value larger to dull white led to the brightness you need.

When we use blue leds on our power switch kit with 48v we use 220k to get the brightness down to a soft glow.

Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury