Dingo as a gain-stage.

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Blacksun

Dingo as a gain-stage.

Post by Blacksun »

Hi,
can i use the Dingo preamp as a simple 23db Gain-stage for my self-made passive eq?

If its possible could anyone explain me the connection without the jlm connection port?

Thanks!

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: Dingo as a gain-stage.

Post by Joe Malone »

Blacksun wrote:Hi,
can i use the Dingo preamp as a simple 23db Gain-stage for my self-made passive eq?

If its possible could anyone explain me the connection without the jlm connection port?

Thanks!
That is exactly what it is made for :-)
The dingo has two parts

1. Is a XLR/terminal Block Balanced IN to unbalanced unbal OUT terminal block opamp buffer which can be used if your EQ doesn't have a input transformer.

2. Is a unbal INPUT terminal block to Balanced OUT XLR opamp gain stage that is adjustable between 0 to 40dB of gain with RV2 trim pot or external pot if needed.
The gain stage is quasi balanced out like Sontec when using Discrete opamp like JLM99v , JLM25HV etc with no output transformer (which just means audio is sent on XLR pin 2 and XLR pin 3 is used for noise cancellation only)
If discrete opamp and output transformer are used then it has a fully floating balanced output.
If DIP8 dual opamp is used like NE5532A or OPA2604A then the gain stage has fully electronic balanced output.

If you send me some info on the passive eq I can let you know exactly what to order and how to wire it all together.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury