Micro Champ

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

heath

Post by heath »

Moogus wrote:Give us some idea of what people would want to pay for a full kit for an amp like this (ie drilled case included). Or would you just want parts and make your own case?

M@
Been thinking about pricing, while I wait for my Weber 6D30 kit (M@chless DC-30) to arrive. Looking at what Weber charge for their little fenders, I'd probably lose interest if the kit got above $200. Mind you, I haven't looked at what the individual bits might cost, so I may have unrealistic expectations of price. Whether it came with or without case is not real concern, but I'd prefer with, as I'm a lazy lazy man. I like the industrial look too, so don't waste any time making boxes look nice.

I don't suppose you guys can work or an Marshall-esque sounding beast of this size, can you? Maybe give the Zvex Nano Head a run for the money!

heath.

Blake

Post by Blake »

any news if this is going to be made into a kit or even if there is no kit a general product for sale?

a ceriatone Champ kit is $283US so something under that would be a fair price IMO. depending on the price of the actual tubes, transformers and power supply used of course.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

No kits for this as Fender released a rough champ combo clone called a Champion 600 which can be bought for $185USD buy now on ebay and easy to mod to a real champ so it isn't worth making a kit. Note US models of Champion 600 only have 120v power transformer winding from what I am told. So in Australian you will need to buy a external step down transformer.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

greenmanhumming

Post by greenmanhumming »

I would go for a kit of just the DC-DC power supply

i have endless small valve projects that could use low current 350v with no heavy valve style transformer...

is there a downside to doing this? why are the tube amp forums not all over this sort of power supply for preamps etc?