1290 Kit - these are the bomb

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Barney

1290 Kit - these are the bomb

Post by Barney »

Here's my 1290 that I built a while ago now, learnt a few things since then. (still learning)

My experience with real Neve's is limited but this pre is amazing, guitars, drums, just wish I had more. Great value when you compare price to fancy looking pre's that have heaps of advertising in mags and don't even come close to these.

Just buy some.

retractablezing

Post by retractablezing »

Barney,

if you don't mind me asking, how much gain can you take out of it?

and, is that an output knob i see next to the gain?

Barney

Post by Barney »

Not sure of the exact gain i'll let Joe or Matt answer that one. But it has heaps of gain, and tone. I use it with a shinybox ribbon and it had no probs. Drums and guitar amps are killer with these pre's. (also bass di in the right song/context)

The right knob is an output trim and also a push/pull switch. Pushed in trim setting, pulled out a full range fader, nice touch.

retractablezing

Post by retractablezing »

Barney wrote:Not sure of the exact gain i'll let Joe or Matt answer that one. But it has heaps of gain, and tone. I use it with a shinybox ribbon and it had no probs. Drums and guitar amps are killer with these pre's. (also bass di in the right song/context)

The right knob is an output trim and also a push/pull switch. Pushed in trim setting, pulled out a full range fader, nice touch.
thanks for the info Barney!

Moogus

Post by Moogus »

Our 1290s do 75db gain.

M@
Permission to buzz the tower DENIED!!