PDF Problems on JLM Site Please Read

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Joe Malone
Site Admin

PDF Problems on JLM Site Please Read

Post by Joe Malone »

All PDFs on JLM new and old site work fine BUT you will need the latest Adobe PDF reader to view them.

I recommend Adobe X reader for win 7. But current latest version Adobe reader 9.xx will work fine as well.

And then it is still best to download them to your computer and open the PDFs directly in the reader as your browser settings may also stop the PDF from opening.

When opening the PDF the reader will seem to stop and look like it is not working but it is. Wait 30seconds or so and it will open.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

sonicwarrior

Re: PDF Problems on JLM Site Please Read

Post by sonicwarrior »

Is there a special reason for this?
I'm using Linux and it's odd that I would have to install the Adobe reader just to view the JLM PDFs. Especially with all the iPads, Kindles and stuff compatibility is a big issue.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

sonicwarrior wrote:Is there a special reason for this?
I'm using Linux and it's odd that I would have to install the Adobe reader just to view the JLM PDFs. Especially with all the iPads, Kindles and stuff compatibility is a big issue.
The PDF is just locked so they cannot be changed. They can be printed or opened without password fine. I only have version 9 adobe so that is what I use to make the PDF. I will look to see if I can make them a older more universal version.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

sonicwarrior

Post by sonicwarrior »

That would be very nice. :)