Pics of my BA with custom case

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

lontas

Pics of my BA with custom case

Post by lontas »

At last, I've finished building it! For pics, see this thread at gearslutz: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslut ... a-pre.html

Overall, I am very pleased with the sound, but I haven't tested it much yet. I love the VU meter, it is totally pointless but it is very visually inspiring which is important to me!

Chris

lontas

Re: Pics of my BA with custom case

Post by lontas »

Now, a couple of questions -

1. Will it hurt anything if I install film bypass caps in parallel with the six large electrolytics?

2. As you can tell from the pics, I forgot to install a power fuse. :oops: What fuse should I get?

Thanks!

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Nice looking BA build :-)
lontas wrote:Now, a couple of questions -

1. Will it hurt anything if I install film bypass caps in parallel with the six large electrolytics?
It is fine to bypass the 6 x 470uF 50v caps with 0.1uF etc if you want to.
2. As you can tell from the pics, I forgot to install a power fuse. :oops: What fuse should I get?!
Usually we fit a 500mA slow blow fuse for pairs or quads of BA kits. But a 100mA or 200mA slow blow should be fine for 1 x BA kit.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

lontas

Post by lontas »

Just wanted to say that I decided to install the 0.1uF film bypass caps. The pre sounded really good before. But now, the thing has its own VIBE. Best $7.00 upgrade ever!

Chris