BA Volume pot

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

edred

BA Volume pot

Post by edred »

I'm a paint by numbers builder so please excuse the potentially silly question:

I'm wanting to use my BA in situations where I go straight into a soundcard without the use of a mixer, how can I go about installing a volume pot so I don't have to compromise the gain setting? In my mind the obvious answer is at the final output... but what do I know.

Thanks.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Re: BA Volume pot

Post by Joe Malone »

edred wrote:I'm a paint by numbers builder so please excuse the potentially silly question:

I'm wanting to use my BA in situations where I go straight into a soundcard without the use of a mixer, how can I go about installing a volume pot so I don't have to compromise the gain setting? In my mind the obvious answer is at the final output... but what do I know.

Thanks.
The BA is only one amp stage so yes the only place to add a output control is across the BA +out and -out with a 1k log pot if no output transformer is used. If there is a output transformer then fit the 1k pot between the transformer and output XLR.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

edred

Post by edred »

Thanks Joe.

edred

Post by edred »

Hi Joe/anyone,

I just found out that the device I'll record into accepts balanced. I wired my BA balanced no prob's, but can i do an output volume & keep it balanced? I have a feeling it's not quite so simple. [No output transformer used].

Thanks.