Hybrid -> Pultec type EQ ->Dingo Out ???

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

bevins

Hybrid -> Pultec type EQ ->Dingo Out ???

Post by bevins »

Hi all,

Is this possible? Would it sound ok in line after my SeventhCircle N72 neve type mic pre?

Is there a schematic allready out for this. Would I need to use the VCA on the Dingo? I am excited and looking forward to this build.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

bevins

Re: Hybrid -> Pultec type EQ ->Dingo Out ???

Post by bevins »

BUMP....

Any thoughts on this?

chrisp

Post by chrisp »

Hi Bob

I did draft a longish reply to this but didn't post it as it got a bit rambley.

The simple answer is that yes, you could use a DINGO board to take the balanced output from your 7th circle, go through the EQ project of your choice, and use the DINGO to balance the output.

With judicious fiddling, you could also take the pre-output transformer signal from your 7th circle to your EQ (saving a balancing and then unbalancing step), and use the output transformer to balance the end result (ie no DINGO at all). You could include an additional post-EQ gain step here if you want as well.

Or you could just build a DINGO/EQ combo in a separate box and leave your 7th circle untouched.

There are so many ways of skinning this cat, and all could sound good. If it were me, I would be really tempted by that last option as the least dangerous and most flexible.
Chris P
---------------------------------------------------------
I do lots of things. I believe eclectic skills are best.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

bevins wrote:Hi all,

Is this possible? Would it sound ok in line after my SeventhCircle N72 neve type mic pre?
Yes you only need a dingo or dingo pup and the pultec passive eq to make a good sounding Pultec EQ.
Is there a schematic allready out for this. Would I need to use the VCA on the Dingo? I am excited and looking forward to this build.
There is a copy of the pultec EQ section on the web I drew long ago and several others as well. you do not need the VCA on the dingo.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury