Power Rail Splitter

Support for JLM Audio Kits

Moderator: Joe Malone

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Power Rail Splitter

Post by Joe Malone »

Power rail splitter which makes a virtual centre ground out of one a single floating power rail.

Used with our 48v SMPS power supply it will turn the 48v floating rail into +/-24v with a centre 0v ground to run bipolar rail devices.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

haima

Post by haima »

hey joe - when do you expect the rail splitter to ship? it looks very handy!

Blake

Re: Power Rail Splitter

Post by Blake »

Hi Joe, is the Power Rail Splitter shipping?
Blake

chrisp

Post by chrisp »

Joe

Am I right in thinking that you would still need to bias the opamp non-feedback input with the 1/2v "ground" from this supply (which would be 24V compared to the power supply ground)?
Chris P
---------------------------------------------------------
I do lots of things. I believe eclectic skills are best.

Joe Malone
Site Admin

Post by Joe Malone »

Hi Joe, is the Power Rail Splitter shipping?
We have been using the rail splitter for a while now in several of our custom racking jobs to run dingo kits etc with our 48v smps but depending on what power source and what gear is hanging off of it you need to have the test equipment to determine it is working right in each situation which is why I haven't put it up as a kit as it would just increase my email.

We can supply them for $35AUD if you need one.
Joe

Am I right in thinking that you would still need to bias the opamp non-feedback input with the 1/2v "ground" from this supply (which would be 24V compared to the power supply ground)?
The power supply used to run into the Rail Splitter must be fully floating with no DC ground reference as the rail splitter will make a virtual ground at half the rail which can be connected to mains ground.
Joe :-)
JLM Audio
Capturing Audio without Injury

JimiB

Post by JimiB »

Joe - thinking this is exactly what I have been looking for and would rather build it on your board than perf. Am assuming I could set it up for +16-16 instead of 24 with different regulators?
Also assuming I can use it with this - 48v 15w 315mA SMPS to have all internal power supply?
Just needing to power a self contained API325 DI only type box.